Blueberry Banana-Almond Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup buttermilk powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- - pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- - canola oil, for greasing the pan
- 6 oz. blueberries (approx. 1/2 pt.)
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flours, buttermilk powder, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together water, banana, egg and butter. Add wet mixture to dry mixture; whisk until just moistened. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with oil and heat to medium; wipe skillet with a paper towel to coat pan evenly and absorb excess oil. In batches, scoop batter onto skillet, forming 4-5" circles; top pancakes with blueberries. Cook until edges are set and dry and bubbles begin to burst on the surface (2-5 min.). Flip pancakes; cook until golden-brown on the bottom (1-3 min.). Wipe skillet clean; re-oil, wipe and repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with desired toppings or keep warm in a 200° oven until all pancakes are done.
Good to Know
- If desired, replace almond flour with all-purpose flour. Find almond flour in the Baking Aisle.
- If desired, replace buttermilk powder and water with low-fat buttermilk. Find buttermilk powder in the Baking Aisle.
- Pancakes may be frozen for at least 3 months, tightly wrapped, with freezer or wax paper between pancakes. You can microwave individual pancakes without thawing them (about 1 min. each).