Easy Enchilada Casserole
- 2 lbs. 93% Lean Kowalski's All Natural Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, some seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- - butter
- 12 (5-6") corn tortillas, divided
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 11 oz. can mexicorn, drained
- 8 oz. fancy shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 29 oz. canned fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, divided
- - toppings, to taste: shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped Roma tomatoes,
chopped green onions and canned sliced black olives
In a large sauté pan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Stir in chili powder, jalapeño and salt; set aside. Butter the bottom of a 13x9" glass baking dish; arrange 6 tortillas, slightly overlapping, in bottom of prepared pan. Layer ground beef mixture, black beans and corn over tortillas; top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over tortillas; spread tomatoes evenly over cheese. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and bubbling around edges (about 45 min.); sprinkle with remaining cheese during last 10 min. of baking. Cut into squares; garnish with desired toppings.
Good to Know: If you like your enchiladas hot and spicy, use more of the seeds and membrane from the jalapeño pepper. That's where the heat is!