Easy Enchilada Casserole
- 2 lbs. 93% lean Kowalski's All Natural Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, some seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- - butter
- 12 (5-6") corn tortillas, divided
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 oz.) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. fancy shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olive
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
In large sauté pan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Stir in chili pepper, jalapeño and salt; set aside. Butter bottom of 13x9" glass baking dish; arrange 6 tortillas slightly overlapping in bottom of prepared pan. Layer ground beef mixture, black beans and corn over tortillas; top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle half of cheese over tortillas; spread tomatoes evenly over cheese. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and bubbling around edges (about 45 min.); sprinkle with remaining cheese during last 10 min. of baking.
To Serve: Cut into squares; garnish with desired toppings.
Good to Know: If you like your enchiladas hot and spicy, use more of the seeds and membrane from the jalapeño pepper. That's where the heat is!