Tortelloni with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup Kowalski's Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp. finely minced shallots
- 2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 1 cup Kowalski's Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns
- 9 oz. pkg. Kowalski's Fresh Tortelloni, your choice of flavor
- - ribbons of fresh basil or sage leaves and crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; sauté shallots and garlic until translucent. Add cream to skillet; simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened (3-4 min.). Add cheese; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Season with pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pkg. directions; drain. Toss hot pasta with sauce. Serve immediately, garnished with herbs and crushed red pepper.
Follow along with our step-by-step recipe video:
Good to Know:
- 4 Cheese, Tricolored and Smoked Mozzarella Tortelloni are available year-round in the Dairy Department.
- This recipe is especially delicious with Pumpkin Tortelloni, available seasonally.
Take your pick of red or white with this luxurious dish. Barbera or Pinot Bianco are our recommendations.