- 12 oz. skinless halibut fillet(s), 1" thick, cut into 2 pieces
- - kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ tbsp. Kowalski's Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped pitted green olives
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp. drained capers
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup drained canned petite diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup brown basmati rice
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Lightly season fish with salt and pepper; place in an 8" or 9" square glass baking dish coated with 1 tsp. olive oil. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp. oil. Add onion and jalapeño; sauté for 3 min. Add cumin and garlic; sauté for 1 ½ min. Stir in next 8 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thick (about 3 min.). Pour tomato mixture over fish; bake in a preheated 400° oven until fish flakes easily with a fork (about 15 min.). While fish bakes, prepare rice in a rice cooker according to manufacturer's directions. Move rice to a large mixing bowl; toss with arugula and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 1 min. (arugula will wilt). Stir in cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide rice between 2 plates; top with fish and sauce.
Try a white wine from Rioja, Sicily or Sardinia with this meal.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Between the halibut (which is a good source of omega-3 fats), the bright vegetables and whole-grain brown rice, this meal is deliciously rich in vitamins C, D, E and K, plus potassium, calcium, magnesium and more.