Penne Alla Caritierre
- 4 dried árbol chiles
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 oz. fresh Italian parsley, stemmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. dried penne pasta
- - kosher salt and Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Kowalski's Grated Parmesan Cheese
Put first three ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. Heat olive oil in an extra-large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté parsley mixture in oil until fragrant; do not allow garlic to brown. Add crushed tomatoes to the pan; increase heat to high and bring sauce to a boil. Add dried pasta to the sauce with enough water to just cover the noodles. Reduce heat slightly to medium-low. Simmer until pasta reaches desired tenderness (17-21 min.); continuing to add water as needed to keep noodles just barely submerged. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve immediately, garnished with cheese.
Good to Know:
- Find dried árbol chiles in the Produce Department.
- Find roasted garlic on the Olive Bar.