Camembert and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Manoucher Fokachio Romana (Rosemary & Onion) Bread
- 1/2 wheel Alemar Cheese Company Bent River Camembert, rind removed, cubed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs, blotted dry
In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter melts; stir in onion slices, separating rings. Sauté onions until well browned (20 min.), stirring occasionally. On a baking sheet, layer bread with cheese, onions and sun-dried tomatoes; bake in a preheated 425° oven until cheese in center is melted (8-12 min.). Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
Sparkling wine is wonderful with fatty soft-ripened cheeses and recipes that feature them, such as this decadent pizza.