Easy Grilled Pizza or Flatbread
- crust, your choice: Golden Home Ultra Crispy & Ultra Thin Pizza Crust, Flat Out Wraps, Toufayan Whole Wheat Flat bread, Stonefire Tandoori Naan or similar
- Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sauce and/or toppings and cheese
Brush one side of each crust very lightly with oil. Arrange crust, oiled side down, on the back of a baking sheet or a cutting board; arrange a sparse amount of sauce (such as our recipes for Romesco Sauce or Pizzaiola Sauce), toppings and cheese evenly over pizza, taking care not to overload it. Heat grill to high on both sides with lid down. Turn one side off (or move coals to one side). Grill pizzas 1-2 at a time (as space permits), directly over heat, lid down, rotating crust 90° when dark grill marks form (2-3 min. total). Slide pizza to cool side of grill. Let stand, lid down, until cheese is melted and bubbly (about 2 min.). Remove from grill; let stand 1-2 min. before slicing. Serve immediately.
Good to Know:
- Find flatbreads, wraps and naan in the Deli Department. Also try Toufayan Hearth Baked Multigrain Lavash or Kowalski's 10" Flour Tortillas for the pizza crust.
- Find Golden Home Ultra Crispy & Ultra Thin Pizza Crust in the Grocery Department.