Kowalski's Chicken Enchiladas
- 32 oz. Kowalski's Enchilada Sauce, divided
- - meat from 1/2 of a Kowalski's Signature Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 4 oz. can fire-roasted green chiles, drained
- 10 oz. pkg. corn tortillas (12 count)
- - toppings, your choice: shredded lettuce, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, Kowalski's Salsa, diced avocado, roughly chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges, sliced red onion and light sour cream
Pour 1 jar of enchilada sauce into bottom of 13x9" glass baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Pour remaining sauce into a bowl; warm slightly in the microwave then set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, mix chicken with 1 cup cheese and chiles; set aside. Dip 1 tortilla at a time into the bowl of warm sauce, top with filling and roll up. Place tortillas seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake in a preheated 400° oven until cheese is melted and bubbly and enchiladas are heated through (about 20 min.). Let stand 10 min. before serving topped with remaining ingredients to taste.
- For Beef Enchiladas, substitute 1 lb. ground beef and 1/2 cup onion for the chicken. Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender; drain.
- For Cheese Enchiladas, substitute 12 oz. finely shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses for the chicken.