Kalbi Beef Sandwiches
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak or skirt steak, cut into very thin slices on the diagonal
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cored, seeded, sliced
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Kowalski's Kalbi Marinade
- 8 ciabatta rolls, cut in half horizontally
In large zipper-closure food storage bag, combine first 4 ingredients; refrigerate up to 24 hrs. Drain marinade into small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
To Grill: Preheat grill to high heat. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange beef and onions in grill basket. Grill until beef is just cooked through (5-8 min.), stirring frequently. Divide mixture among bottom of ciabatta rolls; top with Gruyère cheese. Return to grill until cheese melts (about 1 min.); remove from grill. Cover with top of roll; serve immediately with reserved marinade for dipping.
Good to Know: Partially freezing the steak before slicing allows you to easily cut very thin strips of meat.