Kalbi Beef Sandwiches
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak or skirt steak, cut into very thin slices on the diagonal
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 16 oz. jar Kowalski's Kalbi Marinade
- 8 ciabatta rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 8 slices Gruyère cheese
In a large zipper-closure food storage bag, combine the first 4 ingredients; refrigerate up to 24 hrs. Drain marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Keep warm until sandwiches are ready to serve. Preheat grill to high heat. Arrange marinated beef and vegetables in a grill basket; using a direct heat cooking method, grill until beef is just cooked through (5-8 min.), stirring frequently. Divide beef mixture among bottom of ciabatta rolls; top with sliced Gruyère cheese. Return to grill until cheese melts (about 1 min.); remove from grill. Place top half of each roll over fillings; serve immediately with reserved marinade for dipping.
Good to Know: Partially freezing the steak before slicing allows you to easily cut very thin strips of meat.