Southwest Kale Salad
- 1/2 cup Newman's Light Lime Dressing
- 1/2 tsp. - 1 tsp. Kowalski's Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 oz. fresh cilantro, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups torn Dino kale
- 15 oz. canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 10 oz. bag frozen organic sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut jicama
In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; refrigerate, covered. In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; toss with dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, several hours.
Good to Know:
- Before tearing kale, fold each leaf in half lengthwise and cut down along the rib to remove both leaves. Then tear into bite-sized pieces. Draining and rinsing canned beans can reduce the amount of sodium by as much as 40%.
- For your convenience, we offer pre-cut strips of jicama in the Produce Department.