- 3 tbsp. Kowalski's Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard*, if desired
- 1 tbsp. minced shallots, if desired
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 cup Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly chopped herbs (such as parsley, dill and chives), if desired
*A note about gluten: When prepared with a gluten-free mustard, this recipe is gluten free.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil very slowly, whisking constantly to form an emulsion. Whisk in remaining ingredients; adjust seasoning to taste. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.