Citrus Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed citrus juice (such as orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into 16 cubes 1 tsp. (approx.)
- - fresh herbs (such as finely minced rosemary, tarragon, parsley or cilantro), if desired
- - kosher salt and coarse ground pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine juice, wine, and vinegar; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 15 min.). Whisk in cream. Reduce heat to low; whisk in butter a little at a time until melted. Season sauce to taste with herbs, salt and pepper. Serve immediately over grilled, roasted, sautéed or steamed fish or vegetables.
Good to Know: You can keep the sauce warm for up to 15 min. by pouring the hot sauce into a spouted 2-cup glass measuring cup and placing the measuring cup into a hot water bath (a 1 qt. baking dish or medium-sized heat-safe glass mixing bowl filled with very hot, but not boiling, water). The water should reach above the line of the sauce but below the top of the measuring glass.