Grilled Corn on the Cob with Fresh Herb Butter
- 1/4 cup softened Kowalski's Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated lime zest
- 8 ears Minnesota Grown corn on the cob
- - freshly ground Kowalski's Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; refrigerate several hrs. Peel the husks off each ear of corn except for the layer touching the kernels; remove silk and pull remaining husks back up over corn. Soak corn in cold water about 1 hr. before grilling. Grill corn over medium heat, covered, until kernels yield gently to pressure (8-10 min.), turning each ear a quarter turn every 2 min. Carefully remove husks; serve with herb butter and salt.
Good to Know:
- Corn may also be cooked in a pot of boiling water for about 5-7 min.
- Corn may also be microwaved in the husk. Cook each ear for 10 min., adding 2 min. of cooking time for each additional ear. Cook up to 4 ears at a time.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (without sea salt):
This delicious summer staple is a good source of vitamin C plus lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that can fight against age-related loss of vision.