- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless lamb (leg, top round or shoulder), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. finely minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2" slices
- 8 baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1/2" slices
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in lamb, onion and garlic. Cook until lamb is browned and onions and garlic are softened (about 5 min.). Stir in flour, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in stock and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 1 ½ hrs., stirring occasionally. Stir in carrots, potatoes and celery. Cover; simmer until vegetables are fork-tender (30-45 min.).
This stew is perfectly paired with an Irish stout or Bordeaux Rouge.