Chef Jeff's Seafood Gumbo
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (12 oz.) jars clam juice
- 1 lb. (31-35 count) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 2 tbsp. Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic Seasoning Blend
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- - snipped Italian parsley
In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; sauté peppers, onion and celery until translucent (about 5 min.). In small bowl, combine tomatoes and flour; stir into pan vegetables over low heat (6-8 min.). Add clam juice, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Simmer 30 min., stirring every 5 min. Add shrimp, scallops and seasoning; continue cooking until translucent (10-12 min.). Cook rice according to pkg. directions.
To Serve: Divide gumbo among each of eight soup bowls; place ladle of rice in center of gumbo. Garnish with parsley.
Good to Know: Clam juice can be found in the juice aisle.