Asian Pork Snack Wraps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- - dash of chili oil, or to taste
- 1/2 (14 oz.) bag Dole Classic Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. Kowalski's Thin-Cut Boneless Pork Chops, cut into thin strips
- 4 flatbreads, such as Flatout
- - mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1-2 jalapeños, thinly sliced and seeded (optional)
- 1/2 oz. cilantro
- 1/2 oz. fresh mint
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup sugar, vinegar and salt. Add the cabbage; let stand 2 hrs. Combine tamari, fish sauce, garlic, 2 tsp. sugar, garam masala, five-spice powder and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag. Add the pork; marinate 2 hrs. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork until done (6-8 min.); set aside. Spread each flatbread with mayo; top evenly with an equal amount of cabbage, cucumber, jalapeños, herbs and pork. Roll up flatbreads and slice each on the diagonal into 3 pieces.
Good to Know:
- Find garam masala and five-spice powder in the Spice Aisle.
- Find fish sauce and tamari in the International Foods Aisle.
- Find Flatout flatbreads and wraps in the Deli Department.
Winning entry in Kowalski's Spring 2012 Next Best Recipe Contest, submitted by Carla Elbert of Woodbury.