BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. applewood smoked bacon
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 3 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups Ranch dressing
- 10 oz. hearts of romaine (about 5 cups)
- 5 oz. Kowalski's Artisan Croutons
In a large skillet over low heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Break each slice of bacon into 4 pieces. Cook pasta according to pkg. directions using 2 tsp. salt; drain. Cool to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, cheese, 1 tsp. salt and dressing; refrigerate to blend flavors. Just before serving, carefully fold in bacon, romaine and croutons.
Note: If the salad is made ahead and refrigerated, the pasta will absorb the dressing. Keep additional dressing on hand to moisten the salad before serving.