Fresh Summer Salad
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, to taste
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin half-moon-shaped slices
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for finishing the dish
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Sea Salt, plus more for finishing the dish
- - freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 3 oz. feta cheese, cut into chunks or crumbled
- - fresh basil, to taste
Cut tomatoes into wedges; place in a large salad or mixing bowl. Cut corn kernels from cobs; discard cobs. Add corn kernels, cucumber and onion to salad bowl. Drizzle salad with oil and lime juice; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper; toss again. Add cheese; toss gently. Garnish with fresh basil; drizzle with additional oil and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Follow along with our step-by-step recipe video:
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
A good source of potassium, calcium and vitamins A, C and K.