Baja Tuna Salad
- 10 oz. tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 tbsp. each finely chopped red and yellow peppers
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (or similar hot sauce), or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground fresh black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste, plus more for garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, halved and seeded
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Sea Salt
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (through olive oil). Adjust hot sauce, pepper and oil to taste. Scoop tuna mixture into halved avocados; drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze lime over the filled avocados; garnish with salt, pepper and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Note: To make a more stable container in which to serve the salad, cut a thin slice of avocado from the bottom of each half to make a flat surface that won’t wobble when placed on a plate.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Rich in omega-3 fats, selenium and vitamins C, K, D and B12.