Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 Kowalski's Original Flavor Rotisserie Chicken, skinned, boned, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 1/2 cups cashew pieces, divided
- - Bibb lettuce
In large bowl, combine chicken, celery, cherries and green onions. In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, apple juice, curry powder and pepper. Spoon dressing over chicken mixture, gently stirring to combine; refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hrs. or overnight to blend flavors. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of cucumber and summer squash. Place on paper toweling; gently pat dry. Stir 1 cup cashews into salad.
To Serve: On each of six salad plates, arrange a leaf of Bibb lettuce; top with a scoop of salad; wrap 1 cucumber and 1 squash strip around each scoop of salad. Garnish with remaining cashews.
Good to Know: For a do-ahead, place scoops of salad on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Wrap cucumber and squash strips around salad; refrigerate, covered. At serving time, carefully remove salad with a large spatula and place on lettuce-lined plates.