Tarragon Pesto and Pasta
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups shredded roasted or rotisserie chicken (optional)
- 2 cups cooked green beans (optional)
- 1 cup small grape tomatoes (optional)
In food processor bowl, process first 5 ingredients until smooth; gradually add olive oil while continuing to blend. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
To Serve: Toss pesto with pasta, adding chicken, green beans and tomatoes, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Nan Bailly at Alexis Bailly Winery.
Good to Know: If you like the flavor of black licorice, you'll love this take on pesto. Fresh basil can be substituted for the tarragon for a classic pesto sauce.