Blackened Zucchini Salad
- 3 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup matchstick-cut red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 tbsp. blackened seasoning, such as Plump Chef Blackening Shake
or our recipe for Blackened Seasoning
- 1 pkg. Minnesota Grown Zucchini Spaghetti (from the Produce Department), roughly chopped
- 1 clove Minnesota Grown garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard*
- 1 tsp. Kowalski's Minnesota Grown Honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, cut into half-moon shapes
*A note about gluten: When made with gluten-free mustard, this recipe is gluten free.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp. oil until shimmering; add peppers, carrots and seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 min. Add zucchini and garlic; cook and stir just 30 sec. more. Remove veggies from pan; chill completely in the refrigerator for 2 hrs. to overnight. Just before serving, make dressing: in a small mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in remaining oil, whisking to emulsify. In a large mixing bowl, toss cooled veggies, onion and dressing.
Good to Know: The lightning-quick sauté on the veggies softens them slightly, but it's most important for bringing out the flavor of the seasoning.
- Find locally made Plump Chef Seasonings in the Meat Department.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: