Our deli is truly the heart of our market and every foodie's dream. It's here that you'll discover a nearly endless selection of fresh, healthy and scrumptious foods all prepared daily by our resident chef, including an ever-expanding selection of hot items. You'll find everything from your favorite comfort foods, to gourmet entrées and side dishes, to a spread of deli salads that you have to see to believe. With a menu that's continually evolving, there's always something new to discover in our deli.
• GRAB & GO/PREPARED MEALS:
• HOT CASE – We have designated chefs in each deli that prepare our specialty meats and entrées daily, like our Signature Kalbi Salmon and rotisserie meats.
• SANDWICHES – We offer a variety of options available fresh daily, including paninis, artisan breads, wraps, croissants, pretzel rolls and gluten-free lettuce wraps.
• SUSHI – We partner with AFC, a superior sushi company that only uses the highest sushi grade of fish and seafood available.
• PREPARED MEALS & SIDES – High-quality options are available at the Deli Service Counter and in our Grab & Go Case for convenient heat & eat meal solutions.
• SALAD BAR – A fresh selection is available daily and is constantly staying on trend with new offerings. Our Signature Salad Dressings are chef prepared with a variety of options.
• SALAD CASE – Our salads are rotated seasonally to offer more varieties. We make them fresh daily at our Central Production Kitchen. We use local partners whenever possible to supply our ingredients, typically using 80% local produce in the summer. A variety of our salads are highlighted as Live Well and/or are made with gluten-free ingredients.
• DELI MEATS AND CHEESES – Our deli staff is trained to slice meats and cheeses to order. We were the first grocery store in the Midwest to proudly feature Boar’s Head brand premium meats and cheeses in our markets. Their products have no fillers, no byproducts, no artificial colors or flavors and no trans fat.
• LOCAL PARTNERS – We partner with local companies and entrepreneurs to help grow their businesses. The Deli Department proudly features Venus Soups, Plucky Pickle Dips, Baba’s Hummus, Phoenician Hummus and Becki's Olive Salsa.
• KOWALSKI’S SOUPS – Kowalski’s Signature Soups are locally made by At Last! Gourmet Foods. We provide the ingredients and nutrition facts on the back of our soup signs for customers interested in this information. Five of our most popular flavors are available for heat & eat in our Grab & Go Case. We also partner with Venus Soups, who offer 100% vegetarian soups as well as vegan and gluten-free options.
• PARTY TRAYS – We offer a wide variety of party trays made to order in our Deli Department that are perfect for everything from small business luncheons to large celebrations. We are constantly analyzing food trends and updating our Joy of Entertaining party brochure to meet our customers’ needs. Customers can order party trays online or in our Deli Departments.
• OLIVE BAR – Our olive bars are stocked with hand-picked, authentic Mediterranean olive and antipasti from FOODMatch. Under brands such as Divina and Barnier, our olive and antipasti selections are harvested from small family farms using traditional, eco-friendly methods, meaning our olives always possess superior quality and freshness.
Signature Product Focus
• KOWALSKI’S SIGNATURE AUNT NETTIE’S POTATO SALAD:
Every family has a favorite recipe that’s been passed down for generations. Ours is Aunt Nettie’s Potato Salad (Jim Kowalski’s aunt’s classic recipe). It’s made with hand-cut potatoes, crunchy celery and a tangy blend of real mayo and sour cream.
• KOWALSKI’S SIGNATURE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN:
This truly unique rotisserie chicken is exclusive to Kowalski’s. We start with an all natural Amish-raised chicken. It’s a bigger, plumper and juicier bird than you’ll find anywhere else and it contains no growth stimulants or antibiotics. Then we season it with our award-winning Signature Rotisserie Seasoning and slow-cook it over our rotisserie to seal in all the flavor.