1 ⅓ lbs. Kowalski's Kobe-Style Akaushi Ground Beef
- kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
¼ cup (approx.) Kowalski's Organic Black Garlic BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving
4 thin slices Cheddar, American or pepper jack cheese
4 Kowalski's Sweet Egg Buns (from the Bakery Department), lightly toasted
4 slices Kowalski's Bacon, cooked crisp and kept warm, for topping
- prepared frozen onion rings or canned crispy onion straws, for topping
- toppings, to taste: leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion and dill pickle chips
- Using your hands, form beef into 4 patties; sprinkle evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat; clean grill grates.
- Grill burgers, covered, until done (4-5 min. per side), turning twice and brushing each side with a bit of BBQ sauce in the last 2 min. of cooking.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese.
- Remove from heat; cover burgers with foil and let rest for 3-5 min. before serving.
- Serve burgers on buns with bacon, onion rings and other desired toppings; drizzle with additional BBQ sauce to taste.
- Select whole-grain or whole-wheat burger buns for a fiber boost. Most of us get only half the fiber we need in a day.