¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
10 tbsp. Kowalski's Unsalted Butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. Kowalski's Organic Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste
¾ tsp. kosher salt
½ cup Kowalski's Apple Butter
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining sugars with an electric mixer until smooth and light.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla, remaining pumpkin pie spice and salt; beat until well combined.
- Add apple butter; beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just until flour is no longer visible.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using your hands, roll 24 evenly sized balls (about 1 ½"); roll dough balls in spiced sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls 2" apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets; bake until just barely set and puffy (10-12 min.), turning and switching pans halfway through.
- Remove from oven; cool cookies on pan for 5 min.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.