2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup chopped onion
3 tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. Market Sausages Smoked & Uncured Sausages (your choice of flavor), sliced into coins
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. Kowalski's Signature Classic Garlic & Herb Rub (from the Meat Department)
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
14 oz. shaved Brussels sprouts
6 oz. Kowalski's Signature Fresh Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (from the Produce Department)
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
12 oz. tricolor coleslaw blend (such as Taylor Farms brand)
- kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic to the pan; sauté until vegetables are softened (about 10 min.).
- Mix in next 4 ingredients (through red pepper flakes).
- Add Brussels sprouts; cook for 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add dressing and vinegar; stir to coat.
- Reduce heat to low. Gradually add coleslaw blend to the pan, allowing cabbage to cook down a bit before adding the entire amount; continue cooking until tender (about 5 min.).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and chives; serve immediately.
- Thinly sliced green cabbage can be used as an alternative to the convenient tricolor coleslaw blend and shaved Brussels sprouts in this recipe.