- whole winter squash (variety of your choice), halved
- Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Scrape out seeds and fibrous strands from halved squash; discard.
- Drizzle squash flesh with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, roast squash halves cut-side down in the preheated oven until fork-tender (30-60 min., depending on size).
- Serve immediately.
- If you're using the squash for a sweet dish, be sure to use a neutral oil and skip the salt and pepper before roasting.
- You can also cut unpeeled squash into small wedges or peel and chop it into 1-2" chunks. Smaller pieces are cooked the same way as halves but will take much less time to cook. Enjoy it in recipes for soup, salads, pasta and more.